On Wednesday October the 31st the SCC Community Forestry team will by running the second Meersbrook Tree Day, which is a fantastic Half Term Event for all the family.
Come along & take part in an interesting fun-filled day of activities based around the park’s trees:
- Make a bat box
- Watch as several huge trees are ‘doctored’ by professional tree surgeons, who will also be carrying out bat surveys and installing bat boxes
- Take part in a fun tree-trail and learn about all the trees in the park
- Help plant 4 new trees around the park (sturdy footwear required)
- Visit a traditional Mongolian yurt
- Listen to a wonderful story teller in Bishops House
- Learn about mediaeval pole-lathing
- Watch a skilled chainsaw sculptor
- Learn about the trees and plants in the walled gardens
- Take part in natural art activities
- Learn about traditional basket making
- Learn about basket making
- Have a go at a slack-line or tree climbing
- Guess the age of a tree, throw a line!
Events will be going on around the park between 10:30am and 3:30pm, see the signs at park entrances for more info.
The orientation yurt will be positioned above the council offices at the top end of Brook Rd.