Hazelhurst Community Supported Agriculture Co-op – Growing Team Leader
Salary: NJC Scale 4, SCP 18, £17,161 per annum pro rata.
Hours of work: 26.25 hours per week with occasional irregular working hours as required, including some evening and weekend commitment.
Managed by: She/he will be employed by and have technical and administrative support from Heeley City Farm.
Responsible to: She/he will be accountable to the CSA Management Committee
Line Manager: Hazelhurst CSA committee member
Length of contract: Initially for 12 months with possible extension subject to funds.
Purpose of job: To lead the cultivation and organic growing at the Hazelhurst CSA site.
Location: Hazelhurst CSA site on Pond Field, Hazelhurst Lane. S8 8BG.
1. To plan for and grow a sufficient quantity and variety of vegetables and fruit on the site to Soil Association standards to supply and to meet the targets indicated in the business plan. At present 35 vegetable bags for 8 or 12 months of the year.
2. To work within the contractual obligations specified by the land owner (eg use of polytunnels, machinery, access to water)
3. In collaboration with the management committee, plan and manage storage and distribution to provide for the veg bag scheme and other outlets when there is excess (eg farmers markets, local retailers).
4. To ensure all Health and Safety legislation are met.
5. To keep adequate records and provide regular information to the management committee as requested.
6. To maintain all tools and equipment in good working order and store safely.
7. To work respectfully with other growers on site.
8. Support the volunteers and the development of new projects that may be agreed or for income generation.