Based at Sum Studios, Sheffield Creative Guild is a cooperative membership scheme for creative individuals, businesses and organisations which will launch with a big party on Friday 20th May at ROCO on Glossop Road.
Membership starts from £20 a year and includes;
- A profile on the website – A place to tell everyone what you do and showcase your expertise to members and the outside world.
- Access to the Timebank and 50% more credit – Access skills and knowledge using an alternative form of currency.
- Connections and collaborations – Meet other creatives, use the message board to ask advice, find that talent you’ve been looking for, get that project started!
- Support – From a peer to peer support to a large advice network.
- News and event calendar – Keep up to date with the latest news and events and publicise your own happenings.
- Resources – Information, support, insight and advice to help you learn and grow.
- Events – To learn, teach, share, entertain, showcase, network, workshop, pitch, connect and meet. There’ll be at least four free large events each year as well as many other smaller ones.
- Commissions – The chance to apply for exclusive commissions.
- Advocacy – Through links with other sectors, local politics and the national stage, we will lobby on the issues that matter to you. We are a cooperative where each member is equal and we really will listen to your voice. One member = one vote.
- Organisations – The chance to create a profile to showcase your business, group, network, collective and have access to the Guild Timebank.
The Guild Timebank has been set up to support the creative community and help individual members develop and grow by sharing their skills and knowledge. Timebanking enables individuals to trade using an alternative form of currency – ‘hour credits’. It will also make it easy to connect to people with the skills you need. All members are equal and everyone’s hour is worth the same, no matter the skill on offer. When you join the Guild you receive some starting credit and can choose the skills and knowledge you want to share. You can use the timebank to develop your own projects, learn a new skill or make something happen. The timebank is not about devaluing your skills or working for free but it is about making those relationships that already happen something that each member can gain from.
For more information or to sign up to the mailing list, go to sheffieldcreativeguild.com or you can email Jane Dawson at email@example.com.